SPIRIT JUMP: Giving Warms The Heart & Beats Cancer


My name is Meaghan and I am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with end stage cancer in February of 2007. Like many cancer patients I underwent chemo, radiation and numerous surgeries. My battle was a difficult one and with only a 20% chance of surviving my spirits were low. However, there were some bright moments during these dark times. Every day when I returned to either my hospital room or home I was met with a little special something. Some days there was a card waiting for me or fruit basket, books, stuffed animals, beauty products, magazines etc…It was this moment, when I was opening my package that I felt my spirits lift. Someone out there cares about me, was thinking of me and wanted to brighten my day. And it did brighten my day. Throughout my entire treatment journey I had these moments of joy and they were the moments that helped give me the strength to overcome!



I was very fortunate to have so many people think of me and send things. This is not the norm. Many people fighting cancer do not get cards or packages from family or friends never mind perfect strangers. This means they do not have those bright moments in their dark days. How do I know this you ask? Since starting my blog I have received countless emails from people recently diagnosed with cancer, battling, supporting or care giving. Too many of these emails talk about the loneliness they are experiencing, the sorrow and despair. You would be shocked at how many people are in need of a little gift of kindness. This is why I came up with Spirit Jump.



Spirit Jump is a project that connects people who want to give with people who are battling cancer. Why the name Spirit Jump? Your gift will jump someone’s spirit, even if just for a moment. It’s simple. If you have a shop, artistic abilities or even an extra card in your drawer you can participate. The idea is to send a special something to a special someone. If you want to participate all you have to do is send me an email letting me know you want to jump someone’s spirit. I will then give you the names of several people who are in need along with a brief description of what their particular cancer battle is. You can then decide on who you would like to be matched up with. When you decide I will send you that persons mailing address and then it’s up to you to send the gift.



If you decide to be a Spirit Jumper (gift giver) you will be overwhelmed with the joy and warmth you will receive when giving a gift. But there is more. Every Spirit Jumper is welcome to write a post on my blog. In this post you can tell my many readers about your shop, blog or website. You can include links, photos and any information you want. I encourage you to also include why you decided to donate, who you donated to and maybe even a photo of what you donated. This will be wonderful exposure for your shop, blog, website and you will be jumping someone’s spirit, WIN, WIN! But wait there’s more. Your shop, blog, website will also have a permanent home on my blog under resources.



If you have been recently diagnosed, been battling, are a survivor who feels frustrated and alone, a supporter or a caregiver, please contact me so that someone can jump your spirits!.

BE A SPIRIT JUMPER:


SPIRITJUMPER@SPIRITJUMP.COM



NEED YOUR SPIRIT LIFTED:


NEEDASPIRITJUMP@SPIRITJUMP.COM


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi Megan.. your such an inspiration i was reading yer story on your coffee site. Your first set of doc's did you so wrong. :( but your strong and fought back. I dont remember my blogspot password but im Emily on your myspace page (i think my name is "He Loves Me" on myspace with hearts in front of it :)....this week anyway, haha.

hugs chickie and happy holidays.